News Details

News Details


Older Adult Abuse & Neglect Resources

Please visit the Alameda County Social Services Agency website for detailed information about Adult Protective Services (APS), which responds to reports of abuse of Alameda County residents over 65 years of age and dependent adults between ages 18-64 who, for mental or physical reasons, cannot protect their rights or carry out typical daily activities. APS services are provided without regard for income, and acceptance of service is voluntary. 

Also included on the website:

  • Elder Abuse Prevention -- Learn about resources, warning signs, and the benefits of reporting abuse.
  • Types of Abuse -- Learn about the different types of abuse and warning signs for each.
  • Reporting Abuse -- Learn about how to report abuse.
  • What Happens Next -- Learn about the steps taken after abuse is reported.

If you or someone you know may benefit from the services and resources APS can offer, please call APS at (510) 577-3500 or 1-866-CALL-APS.

Additionally, visit the Ombudsman Services of Contra Costa, Solano, and Alameda website to view their services and approach to advocating for long-term care residents in these counties. Ombudsman Services is the only organization mandated by law to make unannounced visits to long-term care facilities to ensure that residents are free from abuse and receiving quality care. For more information or to request their services, call (925) 685-2070.