City Attorney's Office
The City Attorney is the legal counsel for the City Council, volunteer advisory groups, and City staff. The City Attorney:
- Advises City officials on all legal matters involving the City, including land use, personnel, contracts, real property transactions, elections and redevelopment.
- Represents the City in state and federal court.
- Oversees outside counsel handling other litigation.
- Oversees the Risk Management Division.
Risk Management Division
- Manages personal injury or property damage claims that are filed with the City Clerk.
- Manages workers' compensation claims for injured or sick employees.
- Manages Citywide Employee Health and Safety Program.
- Manages the City's insurance portfolio.